Paine Field Aviation Day
UPDATED March 19, 2019:
Paine Field Aviation Days on hold for 2019
After careful deliberations, the sponsors of Paine Field Aviation Days have decided to take a break from the event for 2019.
The annual aeronautic exhibition has long been a late May fixture at the Snohomish County-owned airport. In recent years it has been a group effort presented by the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum, the Historic Flight Foundation, the Washington Pilots Association and airport staff.
Staging the event was not an option this year, the sponsors recently concluded.
“As we work through the logistical issues with our partners, we share a commitment to re-evaluate the feasibility of continuing Paine Field Aviation Days, perhaps as early as next year,” Airport Director Arif Ghouse said.
The Washington Pilots Association has long used the event as part of its Aviation Academy youth program. The airport is working with the pilots to ensure that young people enrolled in the program this year still receive the full benefit of the academy, including the traditional graduation flights.
Paine Field Aviation Day FAQs:
- Family Friendly Annual Aviation Event occurring in May
- Entrance to Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum and Historic Flight Foundation
- Free parking and shuttles - Event map and directions coming soon
- Aircraft from the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum, Historic Flight Foundation and Cascade Warbirds fly from noon to 1:30 PM
- Several local food vendors
- Kick off the event with a 5k/10k run/walk
- Free Young Eagles introductory flights for youth ages 8-17—first-come-first-served and space is limited
- Take a flight, meet the pilots, view one-of-a-kind aircraft, talk with flight schools, and watch the flying demonstrations
- Cost is $15 per individual (ages 10 and up) or $35.00 for a family pass (2 adults and children under one roof).
- Free admission to museum members at their corresponding gates.
- Advance purchase tickets are available.