The Snohomish County Airport Commission serves as an advisory board to the county executive. It was approved by the county council in March 2017.
The airport commission serves in an advisory role to the county executive on these matters at Paine Field Airport:
- Reviews and recommends changes to the airport capital improvement program and facilities plan.
- Reviews and recommends an annual airport budget.
- Reviews and recommends strategies for airport noise reduction.
- Reviews appeals of enforcement procedures restricting airport access or use.
- Reviews and recommends updates to the Airport Master Plan.
- Information on the Airport Master Plan can be found here.
The ordinance creating the commission (PDF) says the executive may forward any recommendations or plans proposed by the commission to the county council, including majority and minority reports.
The airport commission has 13 members: one from each of the county’s five council districts; three drawn from the airport tenant community; three from the business community; and two from the county at large. As of January 2019, airport commission members and the communities they were selected from included:
- Gregg Ortega, Council District 1 | Email Gregg Ortega
- Joseph Nguyen, Council District 2 | Email Joseph Nguyen
- Rosemary Wander, Council District 3 | Email Rosemary Wander
- Matt Arny, Council District 4 | Email Matt Arny
- Peter Bro, Council District 5 | Email Peter Bro
- Kurtis Lewko, airport tenants | Email Kurtis Lewko
- Mark Darrow, airport tenants | Email Mark Darrow
- Valerie Hirshman, airport tenants | Email Valerie Hirshman
- Glen Bachman, business community | Email Glen Bachman
- Alicia Crank, business community | Email Alicia Crank
- Matthew Faletti, business community | Email Matthew Faletti
- Dennis Brawford, at large | Email Dennis Brawford
- Tom Hoban, at large | Email Tom Hoban
Crank currently serves as the commission’s Chair; Darrow is the Vice Chair and Nguyen is the Secretary.
The commission generally meets the fourth Thursdays in January, April, July and October.
July 28, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 425-262-2000,,911759704# United States, Seattle
Phone Conference ID: 911 759 704#